Kuumba Family Institute, Inc.(KFII) sees its mission and commitment as empowerment of the Aboriginal Indigenous and African Character, and the development of Black youth, families, and the greater community.
Purpose of the (KFII)
The Institute is organized to operate exclusively for general charitable, educational, and cultural purposes, including but not limited to:
• working cooperatively and collaboratively locally, regionally and internationally
to be a community-based, self-sustaining multi-service vocational training, and
community resource hub
• through its components raise consciousness and promote community awareness and
• provide jobs, career and job readiness, lifestyle skills, entrepreneur basics, support services
for urban youth, and community services that aid humanity
• increase knowledge of self and natural universal laws; and promote wholistic
self-healing, inner well-being (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually),
• implement programs that aid in the healthy, cultural, educational, and economic growth
and development of Black youth and families.
Adinkra symbol: humility together with strength and knowledge. The ram will fight fiercely against an adversary, but it also submits humbly when needed.